A UAV ground station software package for MAVLink based systems
MAVProxy is a fully-functioning GCS for UAV's. The intent is for a minimalist, portable and extendable GCS for any UAV supporting the MAVLink protocol (such as the APM).
MAVProxy was first developed by CanberraUAV, to enable the use of companion computing and multiple datalinks with ArduPilot. It has grown to be one of the most versatile tools in the ArduPilot ecosystem, and many of the features users now see in other GCS tools can trace their origins to MAVProxy.
The team at CanberraUAV still lead development of MAVProxy: they are a volunteer organisation, but would appreciate your support.
- It is a command-line, console based app. There are plugins included in MAVProxy to provide a basic GUI.
- Can be networked and run over any number of computers.
- It's portable; it should run on any POSIX OS with python, pyserial,
select()function calls, which means Linux, OS X, Windows, and others.
- The light-weight design means it can run on small netbooks with ease.
- It supports loadable modules, and has modules to support console/s, moving maps, joysticks, antenna trackers, etc
- Tab-completion of commands.
A 1 page printable "cheatsheet" of commonly used MAVProxy commands is available below.
MAVProxy is released under the GNU General Public License v3 or later.
Except where otherwise noted, this documentation is licensed under CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported.